Skip to main content

Windowsill Radishes - Day 33 - Again not too exciting

It's day 33 of radish growth. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am waiting till day 35 to harvest one or perhaps both of the radishes. Compared to the previous day (day 32) there still hasn't been much noticeable growth with the plants. There are still new leaves sprouting out from the center of the plants. No sign of bolting or anything like that. I've been giving the plants more water the past few days making sure to completely saturate the soil each time. Two more days till I harvest!

Day 33 of radish growth side view
Day 33 Side View

Day 33 of radish growth top view
Day 33 Top View

Cotyledons continue to shrivel
Cotyledons continue to shrivel

Splitting/peeling of outer layer
Splitting/peeling of outer layer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growing Celery from my Refrigerator and Watching it Flower/Bloom

Have you ever had celery in the refrigerator so long to the point where it becomes link and bends from it's own weight? I had one of those recently. The celery itself still looked "good" in the sense it was green. It wasn't rotting or brown or disgusting. Perhaps some might find limp celery gross. I was determined not to just have to toss out the celery and attempt to revive it in a cup of water. I grabbed a mug, filled it with a little bit of water, and plunked the flimsy celery in.  After a few days the celery had plumped up and became firm again. But of course after it had reached a point where it was edible, I wasn't in the mood for celery. I left the celery in the mug for a week or so while adding water. One day I removed the celery to rinse it off a bit under the faucet and surprisingly I observed some roots growing from the bottom of the stalks. Interested, I decided to let the plant grow as opposed to eating it. I eventually moved it to a sunny window from...

Windowsill Radishes - Day 15

Finally made it to posting about the current day's progress on the day of! The radish plants' growth appears to really be taking off now. I expect I'll start seeing large amounts of growth each day from here on out. I'm really excited to see if bulbs will start forming. That likely won't be for another week or two though (maybe longer). The second set of true leaves on the left plant are definitely apparent in these images. The leaves just look so nice and I'm really enjoying observing the growth each day. Perhaps the next step for me would be doing a time lapse video of growth.

Windowsill Radishes - Day 18

The plants as of 5/2/2020 reached 18 days of growth. That growth has been impressive to me at least. I'm new to growing radishes except I think back in elementary we grew a few radish seeds in a Styrofoam cup of dirt as a science experiment. From what I've read online, I may be looking to fertilize the plants soon. The second set of true leaves have now reached about the same size as the first set were on Day 12. Here's the photos from Day 18.