Here are the pictures from day 21 - 5/5/2020. There isn't too much of a noticeable difference from day 20. The leaves do appear to have grown larger and are draping over a bit more. In the top view shot, the leaf from the plant on the right is overlapping a large portion of the plant on the left. The reddish stem of the red plant is very noticeable from the overhead shot as well. I thought it would be fun to do another close-up shot of a leaf to give another good shot of how hairy these suckers are.
Have you ever had celery in the refrigerator so long to the point where it becomes link and bends from it's own weight? I had one of those recently. The celery itself still looked "good" in the sense it was green. It wasn't rotting or brown or disgusting. Perhaps some might find limp celery gross. I was determined not to just have to toss out the celery and attempt to revive it in a cup of water. I grabbed a mug, filled it with a little bit of water, and plunked the flimsy celery in. After a few days the celery had plumped up and became firm again. But of course after it had reached a point where it was edible, I wasn't in the mood for celery. I left the celery in the mug for a week or so while adding water. One day I removed the celery to rinse it off a bit under the faucet and surprisingly I observed some roots growing from the bottom of the stalks. Interested, I decided to let the plant grow as opposed to eating it. I eventually moved it to a sunny window from...



Comments
Post a Comment